One of my goals for the first weeks of fall is to get done with two quilt tops that I've been sewing for the last six months. This week I finished this yellow and pink quilt top. It was made with blocks from quilting bees, and some embroidery pieces from the Hoop Up Stitch and Send swap. These two swaps happened almost simultaneously for me. As the embroidery pieces and the blocks arrived, I selected a bunch of them to be turned into a quilt. I made extra blocks [accordingly] to add a variety of color, and to add to its size too. At some point this was a square quilt top, I decided to add more fabric at the top and bottom to make it into a twin size quilt; which I think are a better choice as we used them more than the small quilts.
Let me tell you that as usual I found it terribly difficult to take a good picture of it. I must have taken at least thirty something pics. in the quest for one good one, which made me decide to choose one that was just good enough. The good thing is that the more difficult it gets the more I have to study my camera, and its instruction book, as well as the web to fine how to change the ISO, and the AF, and all that stuff. On the other hand the weather is not helping much either.
I want to thank all the lovely ladies who made a part of this quilt: rebeccasrags, always inspired, seaferncottage, lizzi whiz, isaacmama,smoochee, The Sometimes Crafter, quiltingkimmie. And Spiced Coffee for the lovely extra-fat quarters that I used for this project. Thank you also to the organizers of these super cool swaps, as well as the swap mamas. Big hug to all of you!