I started this pattern at the beginning of July and I'm feeling really good about not having neglected it. This time around I set some goals by dates on paper,and I worked around them so that I get to finish my projects for sure.
Let me tell you a bit about this project. This pattern started as an appliqué pattern. I drew this pattern as a mirror image and then changed a few things to pretty it up. I picked out my color floss carefully, and I insisted in trying them out by embroidering on one side of the pattern with one color floss and on the other side with another color just to see which color worked better. Then I chose one color and unpicked the least favorite, crazy but it worked for me. I learned a lot about the fabric thread count: I decided to use this fabric because of its color; big mistake!! I should have checked the threat count or at least looked at it closely. The count was so poor that it was really difficult to sew the stitches in the right place.
One last thing I can tell you about this project is that I started it when early July temperatures were still enjoyable, so the tender greens appeared in the foliage around the owl. I finished it today when the August heat is keeping us indoors, and going to the park is overrated. Without thinking too much about it the autumn colors started to appear. I will be making this embroidery pattern available to you through my esty store very soon, I pinky swear! I still have to think of a name for it, suggestions are welcome. In the meantime I invite you to enter my blogaversary giveaway, thanks to all my readers for their lovely comments and good wishes on my blog.